Do you want a light stroller for your quick journeys to the park or strolls in your neighbourhood? Well, umbrella strollers have been favoured by many parents to provide just that.
Chicco is a well-known brand across the globe and they are also known to provide simple yet useful prams. The Chicco Echo is a favourite among many.
Available in single and double. In this article, I will detail the pros and point out the cons. I will also compare it to another umbrella stroller in the market.
After this review, I hope you find your answers.
Product: Echo Stroller
Size Of Product: 47 x 105 x 82 cm
Delivery: UK Based (Ireland included).
My Rating: 8/10
As the owner of this site, I`ve tracked down the products I think will suit you and your baby. When you use the link or the links on these pages to make a purchase I may get a small commission and you may get a great bargain. It’s a win-win all around. See my Affiliate Disclosure.
About The Echo Stroller.
Stylish suitable from birth to 22kg. Its a modern and stylish with an attractive coordinated colour. The backrest can adjust in 4 positions and that includes a full recline. A padded seat gives your little one comfort and the rear part of the canopy is removable.
A rain cover is included in the package and a seasonal hood can be folded which provide shelter to your little one on sunny days or rainy days. This can be important if you live in sunny and rainy areas. The Chicco Echo stroller is lightweight and easy to carry. It has a side handle which you can use folded.
It only weighs 8.4kg which makes it possible to carry with just one hand. Every detail of this Echo stroller has been looked into, from the embroidered seat to the look of the wheels and brand is branded on it. It also comes with a leg rest, lockable front wheels, shopping basket, 5 point harness, chassis tubes and shoulder straps.
Why The Echo Stroller Is For You.
I have reviewed many lightweight and standard strollers that have the same features and accessories, but some of them may lack certain features and accessories.
So, is this stroller for you? Let’s find out…
Many describe this stroller to be a designed stroller that meets the demand of dynamic mums searching for a modern stylish product. Is this true? Well yes, it is.
The Chicco Echo stroller fabrics are modern and the style matches today’s needs and demands by mothers all over the world. The stroller is also simple but at the same time has the features that a required for your baby and toddler. Its 4 reclining positions make it possible for your newborn to sleep flat and be protected with the help of the seasonal hood that completely covers your newborn.
The stroller also comes with a strap that you can use when folded. Do you go out in public? Like public transport, if so then this feature is extremely good for you. Public transport can sometimes be crowded and people may glance at you with an irritated glance for taking a lot of space and that can make you angry or even irritated yourself. If you want to avoid this just fold the stroller and carry it with you.
Sometimes your toddler might want to walk around and there might not be space to go around, it will be easier to just fold the pushchair and take a stroll. There a many benefits to these features, I will be having a long list for it, but I just wanted you to see some of the benefits that might benefit you.
The chassis tube makes it possible for you to use a car seat and carrycot on it, you need to buy this separately of course, but the possibility to have a Travel System is there. Many standard pushchairs don’t usually have this possibility.
- The possibility to have a Travel System because of the chassis tubes.
- A rain cover.
- A seasonal hood.
- 5 point-harness.
- Lockable front wheels. This can give a more manoeuvre which gives your little one more comfortable and it can also grant more safety.
- Shopping basket. If you love to go out and do grocery shopping and don’t have a car then the shopping basket is a good option for you. You won’t need to carry a separate bag for shopping.
- The Echo stroller is suitable for 22kg, that’s around 4 years. Which can be good for some parents. Your toddler might love the stroller too much and will use it to that age.
- It’s cheap. This can be a good pro for many parents, I know it is for me.
- The Chicco Echo stroller is not a Travel System, does not come with a car seat or carrycot. Some might consider this to be a con, like me. The pro is that it can be transformed into a Travel System like mention above.
- No additional features and accessories, like the nappy/diaper changing bag.
- The handle is not attached. if you want to hang your changing bag on it’s not possible. This also means that the handle can`t be adjusted. Adjusting the handle is good quality. It allows anyone to use the stroller base on their height, or for many adjusting, it can make it easier to push when going up or down on a slope. This helped me a lot when I used my baby’s pushchair. So, it’s a good pro. However, some parents do not mind this.
- The shopping basket is not that big, which means you can`t use the basket for groceries at the same bring your baby’s changing bag. Well, you can do that, but you have to carry the bag. It can be heavy sometimes so do consider that.
Chicco Echo vs Silver Cross Zest.
Some of the best brands in the market are known for their umbrella strollers. The Silver Cross Zest is also a lightweight that can be used for those quick strolls I mentioned above.
I will do a quick comparison and see which one is better. Echo is older than the Zest, but how will it perform against it?
Like many umbrella strollers they share similarities and these are:
- Both are useable from birth with a lie-flat position.
- 5 point harness with buckle.
- Both seats have inlays and soft fabrics to keep the baby comfortable.
- Carry handle and both have static handlebars.
- Comes with a rain cover.
- Small baskets that’s hard to reach when fully reclined.
- UPF50+ Canopy.
- Two brake systems on the back wheels.
- Both have non-adjustable footrests.
- They can only face forward.
- Not travel system convertible.
- Very compact when folded.
- Adjustable legrest.
Looking at the Zests age range, you have a stroller that’s suitable for up to 25kg. That’s roughly 5 years. For the Echo, it’s only 3 years/15kg.
It has straps you can use to carry it as well, softer inlays and it has two ventilation panels. It’s also lighter around 6.6kg.
For the Echo, you have a covered bumper and this adds more to protecting your baby. When reclining the backrest you only need to use one hand.
It’s more compact than the Zest with the smaller dimensions, but it also means the Zest seat is wider. The echo is however much cheaper than the former.
These strollers share more similarities than differences. The only main thing you will miss out on if you choose the Echo is the lighter weight and age suitability.
However, you will end up saving more money and space as well, especially ifyou live in a tiny area.
Zest might be for does who want to use a buggy from the beginning, and for longer. If you want a second buggy aside from your daily pram then the Chicco Echo will do.
To conclude, the Zest is better in general.
Every Detail Matter.
Many manufactures nowadays are paying more attention to the details than they did before, and this gives the stroller/pushchair a more stylish and modern look. Is a good business strategy, which makes parents all around the world get attached to certain brands. Like the brand’s Bugaboo and Cybex.
Some parents do consider the details when buying many things, it doesn’t only apply to strollers/pushchairs it can be clothes and even toys. Details make things look more attractive and the buyer see it as something that has more quality.
The Echo stroller doesn’t have that many features and accessories but the stroller is designed very detailed. From the embroidered seat, the hood to the wheels. The wheels have the Chicco brand embedded on it, with every detail. Not only the wheels but also the seat and hood. It’s a good way to promote a brand and make it more popular.
The handle is also designed differently from comparing to other strollers. Usually, the handle is attached but this one is separated which can be good for some parents. The older strollers have this feature.
So, if you are more into a detailed design then this stroller might be for you.
If you want to share your thoughts you are more than welcome to do so, leave a comment below.
Another lightweight stroller/pushchair. What do you say about this one? It looks simple, perfect for your toddler.